Contact Us

205 South Lincoln Ave.
Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Get Directions
  • Phone: 
    (920) 887-4600


Browse All |  Ask A Question |  By Type |  By Department |  By Category |  By Topic
Results 1-7 of 7
Do I need a burning permit?
Limited burning is allowed in the City of Beaver Dam with certain restrictions. See "Can I burn in the City of Beaver Dam" for further details. Burning is also allowed outside of the Beaver Dam city limits. Only residents of the Town of Beaver Dam and Lowell are required to obtain a permit. Residents of the Towns of Calamus, Westford, and Trenton are not required to have permits. All residents in the Beaver Dam Fire District are required to advise the Beaver Dam Fire Department at 887-4609 prior to burning to avoid false fire calls to your address by concerned neighbors or passing cellular callers. If unsafe burning conditions exist, you will be advised at the time you call. Town of Beaver Dam residents can contact the Town Hall at 887-0791 for information on obtaining a permit. Town of Lowell residents can contact any Town Supervisor or the Town Clerk at 927-3311 for information regarding permits. Residents in the Town of Lowell, but not in the Beaver Dam Fire District, are asked to contact the Dodge County Sheriffs Department at 386-3726 prior to burning to avoid false fire calls to your address. Burning in all areas should be limited to cardboard, paper, wood, leaves, brush, grass, etc. Garbage, plastics, rubber, and other caustics or chemicals are not to be burned.
Can I burn in the City of Beaver Dam?
Yes, with certain restrictions. Gas grills, charcoal grills, and woodburning grills for the purposes of cooking are allowed. If you are using a woodburning grill, only dry, non-treated, wood may be used. No burning of construction materials, garbage, lawn clippings, brush, or other yard waste is permitted. Many apartment complexes offer an outdoor deck for residents to use. For the safety of people and property, no grills can be used above the ground floor or on or near (within 10 feet) of any combustible deck, porch, or patio of multi-family (3 families or more) dwellings. If you live in an apartment, please help keep you and your neighbors safe by using your grill at the ground level and away from the building. Recreational fires may also be used with restrictions. A "recreational fire" is defined as a small campfire confined to pits, portable fire pits, and portable fireplaces. All firepits and fireplace units may only be used on concrete or other non-combustible surfaces. The use of a unit on a wooden deck, porch, patio, or under an overhang is prohibited. No portable outdoor fireplace or firepit may be located within 15 feet of any building or combustible structure or beneath any balcony, stairway or similar outdoor projection. Only the burning of dry, non-treated wood is acceptable. Material for recreational fires shall not include rubbish, garbage, recyclable items, trash, any material made of or coated with rubber, plastic, leather, or petroleum based materials, and shall not contain any flammable or combustible liquids. No construction materials, garbage, brush, lawn clippings, or other yard waste is permitted. The fire must be attended at all times by at least one responsible person of age 18 or older and the fire must be completely extinguished before it is left unsupervised. In an effort to respect our neighbors, if a neighboring property owner complains about smoke from the fire, the fire must be extinguished immediately. If you rent or lease the property, you must have signed documentation from the legal property owner giving permission to have a recreational fire on that property. The property owner and/or person who started any recreational fire shall hold the City of Beaver Dam harmless from any and all liability for any damage caused by a recreational fire. Any person who starts or maintains a recreational fire shall pay any and all costs incurred by the fire department for any service related call or damage as a result of a recreational fire.
Who can I contact about ambulance fees?
The Beaver Dam Fire Department contracts with an outside service for ambulance billing services. Questions regarding fees charged for ambulance can be directed to: Lifequest N2930 Hwy 22 Wautoma, WI 54982 Phone 800-786-4911
Does my building need a lock box (Knox Box) for emergency access?
There are many types of structures that require a key lock box. The goal is to obtain rapid entry to the structure and quickly suppress any fire, access a fire alarm panel or suppression system, or quickly deal with a medical emergency without having to force entry, damage the building, or delay a response causing further damage. The system in use by the Beaver Dam Fire Department is the Knox Box System. You can view the company website at Structures that require a Knox Box in the City of Beaver Dam include: any commercial or industrial structure that have an automatic alarm or suppression system or that are secured in a manner to restrict access during an emergency, any multi-family residential structure that has restricted access through locked doors and have a common corridor for access to the living units, any governmental structures or elderly care facilities, and any public or private educational institutions. While these are the required buildings, all others are highly encouraged to install a box for emergency access. The minutes saved by gaining quick access can mean a life or thousands of dollars of property may be saved. Contact the Fire Chief or a Fire Inspector at 887-4609 during regular business hours for more information.
Where can I take my old fire extinguisher?
Hammes Fire & Safety services extinguishers. They are at 1008 Declark St. 920-885-9333
Is the use of fireworks permitted within the City of Beaver Dam?
The City of Beaver Dam Fire Prevention Code, 30.17.2 states, It shall be unlawful for any person to manufacture, sell, expose or offer for sale, use, keep, discharge or explode any firecrackers, blank cartridges, contrivances using explosive caps or cartridges, display wheels, torpedoes, sky rockets, Roman candles, aerial salutes, American or Chinese bombs, or any fireworks of like construction, or any fireworks containing any explosive of flammable compound, or any tablets or other devises commonly used and sold as fireworks containing nitrates , chlorates, oxalates, sulfides of lead, barium, antimony, arsenic, mercury, nitroglycerine phosphorus or any compound containing any of the same or other modern explosives, within the City of Beaver Dam, except as hereinafter provided.
Do you sell Fire Department Patches?
Yes. You may purchase a patch for $5.00. The pictured challenge coin is available for $9.00. Email Chief Mannel with your request to or call with your request and information at 920-887-4609 ext. 1 or send a letter with payment to Beaver Dam Fire Department Patch Request, 205 S. Lincoln Ave. Beaver Dam, WI 53916.
Results 1-7 of 7