Contact Us

205 South Lincoln Ave.
Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Get Directions
  • Phone: 
    (920) 887-4600

Past Due Fines

  • Phone:
  • Fax:
There are many avenues Municipal Court can take to collect on past due fines. Below are some of the most commonly used methods.
Incarceration in Dodge County Jail
An Indigency/Good Cause Hearing will be held on your behalf. At this hearing you will have the opportunity to prove your indigence or give good cause as to why you have not paid your citation. If the Judge agrees you are indigent or  you have proven good cause a new payment plan may be set up. If you fail to appear, prove your indigence or that you had good cause a Warrant will be issued for your arrest. You will be housed at the Dodge County Justice in Juneau until you pay the fine or have served the required amount of time to satisfy the debt. Debt satisfaction is set at $50 credit for each day served in jail.
When a Warrant has been issued the only way to have it cancelled is to serve the alloted number of days in jail or pay the fine in full. To pay the fine without going to jail you may go to your local police or sherrif's department and indicate to them you'd like to pay a warrant.
License Suspension
Your Wisconsin driver's license will be suspended for a period of up to two years for any unpaid traffic fine. When the traffic fine is paid in full the suspension on your license will be released and you will be eligibile to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles to reinstate your driving privileges.
 State Debt Collection Program
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue's State Debt Collection Program (SDC) is an avenue available to courts to collect fines, forfeitures and restitution. The court will certify the debt with SDC whereby your Wisconsin state taxes will be sent directly to the certifying court until the amount certified is paid in full. SDC may also garnish wages or assess a levy against bank accounts and any real or personal property you may have. 

Contact Information

If you have any questions regarding this service, please contact Dawn Kuzniewicz.